28 June 2008

Getting back in

I have a vexing dilemma at work.

You know how your parents told you not to lie, because once you start, you have to keep telling bigger and bigger lies to cover up the first one? They were right. I have a colossal snowball-sized problem.

So before I rot in hell for lying, please help me. Some of you know the nature of my dilemma. Let's suppose, that like me, you're a 50 year old lesbian, give or take a few years. (I'm also a polygamist, but I can't tell if people at work actually believe me or whether they are just humoring me.) But let's suppose, hypothetically, that that's not true. (Of course, this is purely hypothetical, because, I, of course, do not ever lie or use fictitious names on this blog.)

Let's also suppose you have co-workers who believe--and have believed for the past three years--that you are 40 or 50 and gay, and they well-meaningly start setting you up with um, other gay people who are 50ish.

I was off the hook this time, b/c the set-up-ee preferred redheads (phew!), but let's suppose that I have no interest in going out on dates with fifty-something year old gay women. Not that there's anything wrong with fifty-something y-o women. We can be friends, but I'm just not interested in dating a woman who's almost my mom's age.

So do I come out (or go in) and come clean, before this situation goes out of hand?

The irony is that I initially became lesbian so people would leave me alone, but instead, my plan seems to have backfired on me, because people want to know all sorts of details about kissing girls, what my parents think, whether they are supportive, what I'm going to do about conceiving children, etc. etc., and quite frankly, I have no freaking idea.

But at this point, I have so much (in?)vested in my gayness that, I'm not sure whether/how to come out.

Damnit. Why are people so freaking nosy?

5 comments:

Sator Arepo said...

Hi anzu!

1) Glad you're back posting, but

2) so confused...followed links, not sure what is real and not. Sorry.

wish I could be more helpful, just wanted to say hello.

SA

anzu said...

Heh heh. I guess I'm not being exactly direct in my posts. . . basically, the short of it is that people at work think I'm gay, but I'm not, which was fine before, when people left me alone, but now, it's starting to backfire, b/c I'm being set up w/ people I don't particularly care to go out with. . .
Thanks for dropping by! Btw, I posted a comment on your site, but I think it vanished. . ..

Sator Arepo said...

anzu,

That's what I thought, but you were so vague that I...wasn't sure.

Anyway, blogger has been timing out lately very quickly, so if your comment disappears, please retry, we value your input.

SA

Empiricus said...

Sorry, Anzu, for taking up your space with this comment. Oh, and by the way, good luck with your dilemma--sounds like an I Love Lucy kind of pickle, just more serious (I have no idea what you should do). But, SA. "We value you input?" I know you meant well, but, geez, "we value you input?" Makes commenting on blogs sound like those little "we value you input" comment cards you get at, like, Denny's.

Cheers! -E

anzu said...

I was just about to write back to opera rotas and comment that you (collective) value all input except when I seem to point out spelling/grammar errors on your (Empiricus's) posts :-P, but I forgot that you guys are sort of a tag team, and thus, any comment I write to opera is likely to be read by you as well. :)

I think the comment that vanished was to express annoyance at the guy reviewing the Schoenberg violin concerto that one of you was seething with rage over.