21 January 2007

Mentally "breaking up" with guys I never dated

Since I don't actually date guys :-P, I occasionally mentally break up with guys that I never actually went out with. I think I did that recently, or I'm on the brink of doing so.

Why did I mentally break up with this guy? Well, the short of it is that our venn diagrams didn't overlap in the least. For example. . .

He doesn't eat non-white people food (Sorry for being un-PC. This isn't meant to be pejorative, but I'm in a facetious mood and this is my blog.) or never has.

He doesn't seem to eat things that photosynthesize, whereas they (and non-white people food) make up the bulk of my diet.

To top it off, he doesn't like most of my favorite foods. (Mushrooms, sushi, eggplant, squash.)

Oh, and the one meat I would contemplate eating (prosciutto), he doesn't eat.

Our hobbies do not overlap in the least.

He doesn't watch/has never watched films with subtitles.

He has never been to a foreign country.

He doesn't run or swim.

He watches TV, but I do not.

None of these individually are deal breakers per se, but what the heck does one do with someone that doesn't like the same foods as you do, and doesn't take interest in the same things you do (like running, swimming, watching movies with subtitles or trying different cuisines)? Heck, I wouldn't even be able to invite him over for dinner.

Anyway, so I mentally called the whole thing off.

No comments: