07 December 2007

I can't spell backwards

I thought I was being clever by coming up with a username for my Stanford alumni account that was the backwards spelling of my name. After all, I have a yahoo account in which I spell a word backwards, and I get no spam in this mailbox whatsoever. So after getting about 100 pieces of spam per month (I only check it once or twice a month, so deleting 70 to 100 messages every time I logged on got old), I requested to have my email username changed to my first and last name spelled backwards. I had planned on using it as my official email address someday.

Well, no more. It turns out that I can't spell backwards. Thus I switched 2 of the letters in my last name. Instead of telling people that this email address is "simply my name spelled backwards", I now must tell them that it's a combination of my first name spelled backwards, plus my last name spelled in pig latin.

How cleverly idiotic. . ..

No comments: