07 December 2007

I want a classical music version of Chowhound

After extolling the virtues of Chowhound on my not-as-clandestine food blog, I've decided that what this area really needs is a classical music equivalent of Chowhound. A board where I can find out about latest performances (grouped by region). A board where I can find out about which version of a score is better--the Henle-Verlag or Barenreiter. A board where I can play "name that tune" or "name that conductor" (e.g. does anyone know the name of a composer whose name begins with R and wrote a double trumpet concerto in E minor? It turns out that google is quite useless for such queries. . .). A board where I can ask people whether such-and-such an opera is worth going to or where I can post my own opinions about whether said opera is worth seeing. A board where I can ask about diminished chords in a certain piece. A board where I can ask people what their favorite recording of the Mahler 3rd Symphony is. A board where I can ask for suggestions for picking music for a memorial service for someone who likes Schuman.

Why doesn't such a board exist?!?!?!??!?

2 comments:

Sofiya said...

Well, you can ask me all these questions if you like. I have all sorts of answers.

anzu said...

Ok, what is your favorite recording of Mahler's 3rd? Before that, I should "test" you and see if we have comparable music tastes :-P Actually, I should post this query on your blog, since I don't know if you check back other people's blogs comments. . .