29 August 2008

Pretty in pink

Alas, I couldn't find my linear algebra notes from college, but while I sifted through the contents of my boxed up past, I did come across this high school bio lab report from many many moons ago, which reminded me of why I wouldn't've (if that isn't a real word, it ought to be) survived in a school system in Japan, where you don't get away with submitting lab reports written in bright pink ink on purple paper.
I didn't pull this on everyone or do this all of the time, but I think I was practicing my mirrored image penmanship for some reason and my bio teacher graciously humored me. (Note his comments.) We still keep in touch.

My proclivity for pink ink continued through college, but I did this out of
practicality rather than any inclinations to be non-conformist.
Final exam from literature class, ca. 1996

I discovered that in a class of 200+ students, when you are trying to locate your blue book exam among a pile of 200+, and you are the only one out of 200 students who took the exam in pink ink, then finding your exam out of the mass pile is very easy. (Yes, I really am that lazy.) It's too bad I went through an entire year of blue book exams before I figured this out.

And for the record, maybe I don't have any pink pens handy anymore, but I still need to take my notes in 2 or 3 different colored inks on different-colored paper.
Notes from class, ca. 2008

No comments: