30 August 2008

Wedding tidbits

Boys, don't read this, since it will probably bore you.

* * *

Ala: I just read about my responsibilities as the maid of honor, and according to this guidebook, I'm supposed to help you pee. I love you dearly, but I'm not sure I want to take my relationship with you to that next level.
Ch: I'm perfectly capable of peeing on my own, so I won't need your help.

* * *
Ala reads something out loud about the symbolism of breaking glasses and how it's supposed to symbolize the irrevocability of the wedding vows.

Ch: That's hogwash. We have no such romantic notions. We do it to symbolize that life sucks and sometimes glasses break. Every Jewish person knows that.
An: So this whole glass breaking to symbolize irreversibility of marriage is revisionist history propagated by non-Jews?


No comments: