16 February 2008

Gynecologists and concert-going

Omg. I just received an email from my professional musician blog-stalkee-turned-pal Titus, who lives/breathes classical music 24/7 (and whose name may or may not be Titus, but since he is named after a Shakespearean character in real life, and I happen to like the play Titus Andronicus, in this blog, I think I will dub this person Titus. . . Also, the most befitting instrument for a person named Titus is the bassoon, so that is what he will play, even if he really plays the organ in real life.) making the most hilariously absurd analogy about his concertgoing preferences.

Titus, explaining why he hardly ever goes to concerts: I rarely go to concerts or seldom listen to things I'm not currently preparing. I know this probably sounds very philistine, but I already know pretty much all the standard classical repertoire for opera, orchestra, chamber music, solo piano, art song, etc, so it's not as if I don’t know these pieces. Besides, when you spend eight hours a day with classical music, you tend to want some blessed silence. Kindof like the way male gynecologists don't want to make love to their wives when they get home from a long day at the hospital.

Note to self: steer clear of male gynecologists. (Both dating-wise and well, ok, I already steer clear of them in the other context.)

No comments: