15 June 2006

6 Signs of Summer--yay!

1. Fresh pea sighting at the farmer's market
2. I have the energy to go running at 5:40 in the morning
3. It is light enough to go running at 5:40 in the morning
3.5. I have the option to go running at either 5:40 in the morning or 5:40 in the evening
4. The tomatoes available at the farmer's market (only at this one particular stand though. . .) finally taste like tomatoes and not like cardboard.
4.5. I am so inspired by non-cardboard-tasting tomatoes and its many potentials that I plant some of my own tomato plants along with herbs.
4.75. A good five minutes of my day is spent staring at aforementioned tomato plants (just in case the tomato guy lied to you about the 60-day maturation period and there are early bloomers hiding) and fantasizing about all the things one can do with very sweet cherry tomatoes.
5. I have to be more careful about transporting fruit to work, b/c they are more fragile than winter fruits. (peaches and cherries, vs. apples and oranges)
6. I can finish eating at 8:30 and it is still light out!


No comments: