05 April 2008

Scrambling to find my folder the day before a concert

It's the day before my concert, and here I am tearing my entire apartment--all 400 square feet of it-- to look for my black music folder. (I'm also looking for my black dress, but that is another worry.) I've looked in all of the obvious places. And actually, it's only about 250 square foot of search space, since I'm pretty sure it's neither in the bathroom nor the kitchen.

Now I should be looking for this blasted folder instead of writing about it, (I need to clear my mind. That's my excuse.) but during the course of looking in all those "obvious spots"--i.e. spots where I store music--I discovered the most ridiculous thing.

Not that anyone cares, but can I tell you how many places I have parked various pieces of music--past choral, past violin, past violin that I might like to take out and play every once in a while, ongoing choral, past choral that belongs in a black folder, etc. etc.? The answer should be one, since it's not like I have boxes and boxes of music or have scores sprawled out everywhere b/c I do this for a living.

But nooooo.

I have found music in nine different locations. That's in two rooms that total no more than 300 square feet! (Ten if you count the Mahler that is right in front of me waiting to be clothed in a black folder, but I won't count that.)

My current choral music alone is in three different locations (the ones that I was checking pitches w/ the violin on my music stand, the ones I carry back and forth everywhere I go lest I get a spare moment to cram in more memorization in my yellow folder, and the rest of my choir music in my regular music folder).

To do after the Mahler concert: must consolidate my music!

But now, back to finding that pesky black folder that I haven't used since I moved into this apartment. . ..

I hope I find it soon, b/c I want to make featherpuff bread and upma and maybe yogurt. . ..

No comments: