16 March 2008

Ouch. . .

This isn't a complaint, since I have absolutely nothing to complain about, but it cost $60 to fill my gas tank today.

I know that in most countries, where the government doesn't subsidize our big fuel guzzling habits, it could easily cost $100 and I still think gas prices in the U.S. should be double what they currently are, but ouch. $60 still hurts.

When I was in college, it cost a mere $15 to fill the tank. For premium gas. Granted, I lived in a state where gas prices cost 30 cents less than prices here, (50 cents if you take into account that I used to fill my tank with premium gas when I was in college) and that was more than 10 years ago, when gas cost--let's see--$2.20 less per gallon, and I was driving a smaller car with a smaller gas tank (12 gallons vs. 16 gallons), but could all of these factors possibly add up to costing me quadruple what it once cost?

No comments: